The program is designed especially for runners to:
- improve form
- prevent injury
- build strength
- improve overall performance.
It is best to start this program in the off season or beginning of training for spring or fall season.
You can choose do this program 3 sessions per week for 8 weeks, or 2 sessions per week for 12 weeks. The exercises are designed to be completed in succession. Be sure to still maintain at least 1 rest day a week in your training cycle.
The program has 4 types of sessions:
- Lower Extremity Injury Prevention – think of this as fine tuning and firing muscles youdidn’t know you had.
- Upper Extremity Posture/Form – to strengthen the upper back to open up the tight chestwhich will aid in easier breathing.
- Lower Extremity Strength – building strength in the glutes, hamstrings, and quads toincrease overall strength and endurance.
- Upper Extremity Strength – build strength in arms to assist when legs are fatigued.
Because this is a custom program specifically for runners, there is a lot of variation in Lower Extremity Exercises and less in Upper Extremity to primarily focus on the demands of running.
- Resistance Bands
- 12” Box/Step
- Various Free Weights
- Swiss Ball
- Medicine Ball #5-10#